Bleach Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Domination

Bleach Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A battle between Captains

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kurokotsu

A battle between Captains Empty
PostSubject: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 pm

(Searching for a Captain to spar with to stretch my roleplaying wings once more, since I'm a bit rusty.)

Kurokotsu sighed softly, reaching back with his right hand to twirl a strand of his long black hair around his wrist, a sign that he was surely bored of his duties as Captain of the Twelfth Division. His squad expected him to always run experiments like the Captains before him used to do. No matter how hard he tried to explain it, they never quite understood that he preferred field work to lab work when it came to testing theories. His latest theory involved whether or not a Shinigami could learn a move they normally could not, whether it be teaching Soren Sokatsui to a Zanjutsu user, or teaching a member of the Fourth Division how to fire off repeated Bakudo spells to keep their allies safe from harm.

No matter how much he thought on it, he always came to the conclusion that he would need a sparring partner to test out his theory. He needed to find someone who fought nothing like him, and see if the two could learn some techniques from the other. "So, for this to work, I'd need a partner of Captain-rank. Preferably not of the Fourth or Thirteenth Divisions, due to how similar our fighting styles would be. Eleventh or Fifth would help more than most, but I'll just have to take what I can get." He said with a slight smirk, recalling how he had sent out a message to all Captains sitting around the Seireitei to meet at the sparring grounds of his own Division to practice their techniques against others of their own rank.

(Sorry it's sloppy, still getting used to things here.)
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 pm

"Hello Captain Kurokotsu." Zafaron said walking towards the 12th captain. "You said you wanted to practice techniques with some of the other Captains right? So, considering I have finished my paperwork for, hopefully, the next week I figured I might as well help out. So what is it you are planning on?"

Zafaron had no doubt in his mind that Captain Kurokotsu had something planned. The man was always trying something new with other shinigami's abilities. Not that it was a bad thing, any help to increase the number of tactics he could rely on in battle would be a blessing. He just hoped that the other captain wouldn't take his words as being insinuating.

And of course, Zafaron never turned down a chance to spar with other people. Especially if it was someone that could give him an interesting challenge like Kurokotsu. It would be interesting to see how their abilities matched with eah other. Wonder what will happen. His zanpakuto is better against other energy type attacks, not my physical techniques.

((bleh, mine sucks too.))
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:54 pm

"Well, I'm trying to find out what keeps certain Shinigami so set in their styles. The Fourth Division is always reliant upon healing, so what if they could develop an aptitude in Bakudo spells such as Sajo Sabaku and Gochu Tekken to protect their allies? What if the Eleventh Division, so focused on close-quarters combat could learn how to use Soren Sokatsui? What is to stop people from straying and learning techniques to help themselves? This is what I wish to learn. Through my Zanpakuto, I can do this quite well. But I want to see if somebody without such a set of skills can do what I rely on so thoroughly. This is why I asked for a sparring session, to learn the true limits of the Shinigami." Kurokotsu spoke, finally ending his long-winded discussion with himself. He chuckled softly, brushing a strand of hair out of his face.
Back to top Go down
Ranryou Roga

Ranryou Roga

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Across the sparring field of the Twelfth Devision a light breeze flowed. Landing softly to his fellow Captain's left would now stood Captain Roga of the Eighth Division. The black haired Captain would slightly walk in a semi-circle around his fellow Captain. His eyes closed as his Captain hoari swaying slightly behind.

[b]"Well I see I was a been to late. Maybe next time I'll arrive first. Good luck Captain's."[b]

Captain Roga simply jumped into the air. Flowing quickly into the air without a single hint of force behind his jump. He semed to fly in a backwards flip. Landing a good distance away to which he had the best view of the fighting.

In the air.

((Add mine to that list.))
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:37 pm

((We prefer if you bold your speech Kurokotsu))

"Good to see you Captain Roga. You are next in line for sure." Zafaron said craning his neck up to the other captain floating high above. He is lucky that he can get such a good view of our battle. I usually just stand on roofs to get a good vantage point but he can float above any battle. He pouted slightly. He loved the ability that Havon had but sometimes he couldn't help but feel jealous at some of the crazy and impressive abilities his allies had.

Oh well. My job is to kill as many hollows as possible so I guess it does suit me in the end. And there are those other abilities Havon has hinted at when he isn't being a prick. Might be something cool after all.

He looked over at Kurokotsu. "So you think you can teach those of eleventh how to use Kido well? Sounds great to me. Some of the members might give their 'a true warrior only uses his sword skills' speech and ignore you though. But they are also idiots so their opinion can be safely ignored as well." He smiled brightly at the idea of being able to use Kido safely. "I personally would love to be able to use kido abilities. It would be able to boost my battle abilities immensely. If I even tried to use Soren Sokatsui it would probably just explode in my face like most of the other kidos."

"But I guess we might as well begin now. Otherwise Roga might slice me for making him wait too long."
His grin became huge as he pulled out the four tasseled longsword. "Let time Shatter, HAVON!" The sword expanded until it was in its disk form. "Any special rules for this fight Captain? And which form would you like me to start with? Got the lance, the sword, the axe, and the mace. Pick your poison."
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:21 pm

"I suggest you stick with sword. It's the only way to block my attacks easily!" Kurokotsu exclaimed, running straight at Zafaron, drawing his Zanpakuto from its sheath. Swinging the wakizashi at the other Captain from above, he began the release incantation. "Unfurl your wings, heavenly body. Twist their ambitions, demonic host. Hekikaisou!" He shouted, the blade transforming mid-swing. At the top of the arc, it was a rather small blade, but by the time it reached the point where it would normally have connected with someone's head, it was a large shimmering broadsword.

(I'm going to forget to put bold on speech a lot. I'm not really used to that idea, never seen it before.)
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 pm

"Alright then. Sword fighting it is!" Zafaron activated Havon transforming it into the long sword. With a mighty clash the two blades hit each other. However, instead of struggling, Zafaron let himself be pushed down by the blade. He grinned as he allowed the top half of his body to go down while speeding up his bottom half upward.

The captain aimed a fast moving kick right at Kurokotsu's stomach. With their swords crossed the way Zafaron wanted it, it would be difficult for the other captain to protect himself from the attack.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Kurokotsu made a slight 'tsking' sound as he dodged, jumping up and putting all of his weight onto his Zanpakuto. With him in the air and his foe slightly below on the ground, he held a hand out. "Hado number eleven, Tsuzuri Raiden." He said with a slight grin, the electricity moving through his blade to, he hoped, his opponent.

(Posting here on my PSP is gonna be fun with the bold tags. Without those annoying things, I could do it, too. Sad)
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:27 am

((Well you don't have to since this is just a practice match if it is that much of a problem.))

Zafaron could feel the electricity flowing through his body and he didn't like it one bit. However, he had felt it so many times in the past since the captain before also used lightning. He wasn't immune by any sense of the word. But he had learned ways to deal with it. Wincing as the pain went through his body. He tried to move his sword arm but it refused to obey. Well then. Guess we just have to do this.

He quickly moved his other arm, the part of his body that was far enough a way to not be affected too badly, and hit his sword arm pushing it forward sending Kurokotsu's body towards his fast moving foot.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:41 am

(Could you elaborate on that last move? Sorry, I'm confused.)
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:59 am

((So you are electrocuting him through the blade right? But Zafaron has built up a partial immunity so he can still move his other arm. So he punches his sword arm to push you back and then once again aims a kick at your stomach. Sorry, I was in the middle of doing something so I am not surprised it didn't make sense.))
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:23 am

(I understood all but the magical leg.) Kurokotsu growled as he was pushed back by the kick. Swinging his empty left fist, he called out the first kido that came to mind. "Bakudo number sixty-three, Sajo Sabaku!" He called out, the winding chain flying at the larger, sturdier of the two Captains.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am

It was a split second motion carved into him from experience. The moment he heard the beginning of the word Bakudo he began to move his arm up.. Instinct told him that a Bakudo from close up could end a fight. And so he went immediately to his panic move.

"Hadou #31 Shakkaho!" However, the red ball of energy didn't come. Instead the summoned energy exploded in his hand releasing a powerful force knocking him backwards away from the bakudo. He did a quick back roll as the chain flew over him before getting on his feet in a ready position. He cracked his neck and looked at his opponent. "Almost got me there. Luckily I know what to do when people try to tie me up since I am not that into bondage.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:22 am

"Good for you, you can dodge most of my own techniques..." Kurokotsu said with a light chuckle, setting his right hand out, fist still clenched around his Zanpakuto. "Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hado number thirty-three, Sokatsui!" He exclaimed, the whitish-blue flames shooting out at Zafaron. "I guess I'll have to rely on more offensive kido until you decide to reveal more techniques, then."
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 am

"Reveal more techniques?" Zafaron asked amused. "Compared to the other captains techniques, I don't have very many. I can just cut, stab and crush people. And that is all I need to do." He flash stepped to the left to avoid the flame while changing the sword into the spear mode. He then dashed towards the other captain again.

It did make it hard though when sparring with the other captains. He had to be pretty serious due to the fact that they were all powerful shinigami like him, but go too hard and he could hurt them badly. So perhaps the spear is the best choice for this fight. I can just use it like a staff.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:06 am

"Well damn, I guess I'm stuck relying on my own techniques." Kurokotsu said with a sigh, placing his right palm flat onto his Zanpakuto and pushing out to block the other Captain's rush. "Bakudo number eight, Seki." He called out softly, the orb of reiatsu stretching out to coat the half of his weapon that Zafaron would strike.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:10 am

((What does that one do? I can't find it on the list.))
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi Yoshio

Tsuyoshi Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:35 am

((It forms a small round blue shield that repels and paralyzes anything or anyone who comes in contact with the shield))
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:44 am

((Oh, it was that thing you tried to use last night.))

Again, that word Bakudo. Zafaron usually just dodged them or stayed away when the were used. But this time it was used on a sword. Even if he avoided it now he would have to continue avoiding it for the rest of the battle. "Might as well use it up now then." He flared up his reiatsu around his body and using his full power smashed the metallic spear shaft into the blade. He could feel the shield repel the staff and was forced backwards. But he used the extra momentum to spin around and try to stab Kurokotsu with the spear head.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Kurokotsu used that timing to copy Zafaron's technique, in a way. He flared his own reiatsu up, but focused it directly onto his blade. As Zafaron stabbed with the spear, Kurokotsu met the strike with his own sword swing, which, if all went to plan, would send the spear flying out of the other Captain's hands. "I see you really are used to dodging Bakudo spells. It's amazing you haven't used that knowledge to learn them yourself."
Back to top Go down
Ranryou Roga

Ranryou Roga

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

Ranryou simply watched from above. Quite amused by the events taking place. It was quite interesting to see the Captain's go at it. Tho he himself cared not for the victory but of the spoils it unfolds. For one he got to see his fellow Captain fight. Letting him get an understanding of the Zanpakuto in play. Two he got to see how they fought. Meaning whomever was to fight him next would be at a disadvantage beyond record. Third, and last comes the fact that now he could see that a Kido battle with Uriuc would prove him the victor. Seeing as Captain Roga himself had long ago mastered the art of Kido. Now to the point of being able to cast without the number, and simply the name. He seemed to have an EAR for hearing the name of Kido. however if he hears simply the name it would prove to late as by that time the spell has taken effect.

Nevertheless, if it came to an all-out battle. With purely physical combat Captain Roga would find the best challenge, coming from Captain Uriuc. See as his Zanpakuto Havon was purely physical contact. So without speaking a single this whole time Rago watched the match. Hopeing the two would take him together. That would be quite the interesting fight. Captaon Roga marveled at the idea before focusing back on the fight.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Maybe for a weaker captain or one who did not fight as often, Kurokotsu's plan would have worked. However, Zafaron had fought so many times that he almost always had an iron grip on his weapon, unless that iron grip would hinder him in a particular battle. So Kurokotsu's attack only knocked his arm to the side a little. "I know a lot about Bakudo because I have beaten too many times do to those crappy things. I would love to be able to use them myself but I just can't get the hang of them. I can sometimes use the lower level ones though."

Suddenly, he spun the spear so the point was facing up and pushed it into the ground. Using it like a pole vault he flew over the other captain's head attempting to kick him in the head. Even if it missed he still would be able to swing the spear shaft at the other captain's side. "But at least I am pretty strong even without them."
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:39 pm

(It deleted my post...Sad) Kurokotsu shoot his empty hand slowly, crouching down and swinging his Zanpakuto in an upward arc. Assuming it hit, it'd drag Zafaron down to the ground behind Kurokotsu and right into the path of a Rikujokoro he was preparing, concentrating on the incantation in his mind. If he failed with this ploy, he'd be left wide open to the foot heading toward his face, and pretty much anything after for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc

Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Zafaron's kick was moving fast enough to still hit the captain in the back of the head. But at the same time the other captain managed to knock him out of the air onto the ground. Pushing one hand on the ground he attempted to kick the other captain's legs out from under him. "Let's see how well you can fight when you are knocked on the ground." It was an issue that seemed to occur with a lot of the shinigami. They were perfectly fine when they were in the air or standing up sword fighting.

When they were actually on the ground it was a different story. Most had not studied anything about how to grapple with an enemy or how to respond when thrown. Of course, Zafaron had studied it due to it being his job to fight no matter what the circumstances. He was curious what would happen next.

He grinned as he realized that he was having more fun then he had expected. Kurokotsu was doing a great job keeping up with him.
Back to top Go down
Kurokotsu

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 pm

(What happened to the Rikojokoro that would have hit him once the knockdown part was finished?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A battle between Captains   A battle between Captains I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A battle between Captains
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next